freetds - Re: Free TDS/JDBC Driver problem .Help

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT speakeasy.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Cc: rajeev.k AT recruitlive.com.au
  • Subject: Re: Free TDS/JDBC Driver problem .Help
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 00:31:37 -0400

Rajeev wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a problem with Free TDS/JDBC version freetds_jdbc.snapshot.jar . When
> I use transaction ie commit and rollback it doesnot work . i mean even if
> there is no error, all the changes done are not commited .Apparantely the
> records are not inserted or updated . I am explicitely calling the
> setAutoCommit(false) on the connection object.But once I comment the
> setAutoCommit() part .The whole application works fine .It saves in the data
> base . Is this a known bug .Where can I find a solution to this .
>
> I will be really grateful if any one in the mailing list can help me find a
> solution to this problem .
>
> Sample piece of code :
>
> try {
> dbConn.setAutoCommit (false);
> } catch (SQLException ex) {
> nReturn = this.TRANS_CANT_SETAUTOCOMMIT;
> }
>
> cheers
> Rajeev

Rajeev,

Did you mean to write to the list? I'm forwarding your message there. I
wrote
some of the documentation, but I don't know much about the JDBC driver.

You really should subscribe: subscribe-freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu It's a
place you can make friends and learn stuff in one afternoon.

Regards,