freetds - RE: Installing FreeTDS, DBI, etc.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: dblist <dblist AT fingerlust.wtfs.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Installing FreeTDS, DBI, etc.
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 21:21:37 -0500 (CDT)

Eric,

Thank you so much for the info. :-) You mentioned some extensive notes
and sample perl scripts... If you have them handy and if it's not too much
trouble, I'd love to take a look if you want to send them to me off list.

I did run into a slight problem when doing a 'make test' on the Sybase
module after successfully installing the other components. Here's the
output I get:

$ make test
PERL_DL_NONLAZY=1 /usr/bin/perl -Iblib/arch -Iblib/lib
-I/usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/i386-linux -I/usr/lib/perl5/5.00503 -e 'use
Test::Harness qw(&runtests $verbose); $verbose=0; runtests @ARGV;' t/*.t
t/autocommit........dubious
Test returned status 0 (wstat 139, 0x8b)
Undefined subroutine &Test::Harness::WCOREDUMP called at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.00503/Test/Harness.pm line 288.
make: *** [test_dynamic] Error 255

Have you run into this before? Any suggestions?

Again, thank you for the help, I'll definitely be checking out some of the
software you recommended (once I get everything working, of course). :-)

- John J. Reilly
- dblist AT fingerlust.wtfs.net