freetds - Re: How to read Strings bigger than 255 chars

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Darryl Friesen" <Darryl.Friesen AT usask.ca>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: How to read Strings bigger than 255 chars
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 22:54:00 -0600

> No, but I can flail around in the dark with the best of them! I didn't
> write the code, you see.
>
> IIRC, you're running a linux apache client against an NT MS 7. That's a
known
> working combination.

Digital Unix 4.0F against SQL Server 7. Anyone know if Solaris is any
easier (we're replacing our Alpha with a Sun box in the next month or so).

> Those error messages are prototypical TDS version errors. The fact that
it
> works (ish) under 4.2 makes me suspicious, too.
>
> If I were in your shoes, I'd try again:
> 1. --with-tdsver=7.0
> 2. set your interfaces file field to 7.0 (or 'ether'), per Brian's message
> today.
> 3. set the TDSVER=70 (as you've obviously already done).
>
> I think you might have set ./configure to 4.2, thereby disabling 7.0
features.

Nope. I just double checked everything, and I've done it just as you
outlined above.

> Besides, if I got it wrong, you'll see corrections posted here pretty
soon! :)

Thanks a lot for your suggestions James. I wasn't expecting even one reply
tonight, not to mention two.

- darryl