freetds - Re: How to read Strings bigger than 255 chars

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: How to read Strings bigger than 255 chars
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2001 14:56:08 -0700 (PDT)

Darryl Friesen writes:
> >> Eric, if you issue the query "set textsize 10000" prior to selecting
> >> the text column does that also fix the problem?
> >
> > Yes it does! If I just do:
>
> Hmm. Doesn't work for me here. I still get a
>
> Out of memory during "large" request for -2147479552 bytes
>
> in my Perl script (which uses DBD::Sybase)

I seem to recognize this one... I think MS returns the maximum
possible size of the object, instead of the actual size, and I use the
size value to allocate memory for the object in ct_bind() (which of
course fails in your case).

Michael
--
Michael Peppler - Data Migrations Inc. - mpeppler AT peppler.org
http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler - mpeppler AT mbay.net