freetds - Stability of JDBC Drivers

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Dave Feltenberger" <dave AT feltenberger.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Stability of JDBC Drivers
  • Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 14:09:12 -0400

Is anyone using the JDBC drivers in a production environment? I'm looking
to use them with a Java Servlet that could potentially get up to several
thousand hits per day. Is it safe to use them? My configuration is as
follows:

A RedHat Linux 7.1 box running Tomcat (this might change to JRun at some
point) and Apache, connecting to a Windows NT 4 box running SQL Server 7.
Both of them has sufficient hardware to handle the hits (Dual 1 GHz on both
boxes), I'm just worried about the stability of the TDS JDBC drivers...

Thanks in advance.

--
Dave Feltenberger
dave AT feltenberger.net (personal)