freetds - Re: [Re: Run a JDBC Test]

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Bob Kline <bkline AT rksystems.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [Re: Run a JDBC Test]
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 22:11:50 -0400 (EDT)

On 20 May 2001, Regis Melo wrote:

> Ok... Let's go again:
>
> 1. The version(s) of freetds_jdbc you are using
>
> I'm using the last version that is downloadable in site (version 0.51)

Version 0.51 is the latest version of the C package, not the Java
package. You want to pick up the latest snapshot of the Java package at
ftp://freetds.internetcds.com/pub/freetds_jdbc/freetds_jdbc.snapshot.zip.

> 2. The version(s) of the TDS protocol you are using.
>
> I'm running SQL 2K.

Not that this is relevant to the problems you're having with
compilation, but this doesn't identify the version of TDS you are using,
as SQL 2K is capable of talking to more than one version of the
protocol.

> 3. The version(s) of the JVM you are using.
>
> java version "1.3.0_02"
> Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (build 1.3.0_02)
>
> Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM (build 1.3.0_02, mixed mode)
>
> 4. Which DBMS you are using (including version and platform).
>
> MS SQL Server 2K running on Windows 2k SP1.
>

> 5. Which platform(s) you are running your client software on.
>
> MS Windows 2K SP1.
>

> I'm running a simple example that a copy from site. I'm not running
> using a JAR file. I download all classes put in a
> com\internetcds\jdbc\tds and com\internetcds\util directories.

I thought you were trying to compile from source code (at least, that's
what I recall you reported originally). If so, you won't be pulling
down .class files in their package directories, you'll be unpacking
.java files from the .zip archive I pointed to above into a single build
directory. Unpack the .zip file, modify the Makefile to reflect your
preferences and environment, and invoke make. The package directories
will be created by the commands invoked by the Makefile.

Good luck!

--
Bob Kline
mailto:bkline AT rksystems.com