freetds - Re: Anyone built for Mac OS X

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: John Gilmore-Baldwin <jbaldwin AT news.dmreg.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Anyone built for Mac OS X
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 16:35:53 -0500

Title: Re: [freetds] Anyone built for Mac OS X
I grabbed the snapshot off CVS, and it compiled without error, and without any fancy steps.

Previously, I had to go through a couple of extra steps (using the 0.51 build):

1. Unpack the freetds package from www.freetds.org
2. Enter the freetds directory.
3. Edit the ltconfig file, changing all the "host=" lines to specify a host type
4. Type: ./configure --with-tdsver=4.2 --host=<whatever you typed above>
5. edit the include/tds.h file, changing the "#include <malloc.h>" line to "#include <sys/malloc.h>"
6. make
7. make install

etc.

Note, this is a quick and dirty way to get it to compile, not a  nice clean solution (don't solve the problems, avoid them).

Therefore, I'd just use the CVS version (the instructions for getting it are on the web site).  If that works (it will have the latest fixes), you're in business.

I've been very happy with the results.

John Gilmore-Baldwin

Wondering whether anyone has a build of FREETDS for Mac OS X

I downloaded the source and tried compiling it using the setting for a PPC
and NEXTStep but I get errors about malloc.h not being found (which is
correct as when I look in the various /usr/include, /usr/lib, etc
directories it is not there)

Just wondering if anyone else has even tried this

---
You are currently subscribed to freetds as: [jbaldwin AT dmreg.com]