freetds - Re: Boolean data problem

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Tim Uckun <tim AT diligence.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Boolean data problem
  • Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 14:17:15 -0600

If I include a boolean field in a query I get numerous errors on stderr
that look similar to "Unknown marker: 0!!", where the numeric value varies
between 0, 10, 78, 101, 105 etc.

I had the same problem with sql server 7.0 as well as a problem with timestamp datatypes. IIRC the bit field problem is fixed in TDSVER 4.2 but the timestamp was still broken last I checked (several months ago). I was using PHP to connect to SQL server from linux.
Since this is a pretty important system I decided not use freetds till it was working better.

:wq

Tim Uckun
Due Diligence Inc. http://www.diligence.com/ Americas Background Investigation Expert.
If your company isn't doing background checks, maybe you haven't considered the risks of a bad hire.