freetds - Error connect: can't assign requested address on DGUX

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Kelly Sauke <ksauke AT fastenal.com>
  • To: "'freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Error connect: can't assign requested address on DGUX
  • Date: Thu, 10 May 2001 09:07:55 -0500

I'm getting the error above everytime I try to connect to anything using
freetds. I get this error through sqsh as well as through perl. I've poked
through the archives and one suggestion was to put the hostname in my
/etc/hosts file..that didn't work. I still get the error. I've tried using
the ip address on the sqsh command line and that doesn't seem to work
either. I compiled freetds and sqsh on Linux for testing and everything
works fine there, so I know the server (MS-SQL 7.0) is responding. I've
double checked my $SYBASE variable and my interfaces file and they all look
right. Anyone familiar with running this on DGUX or have any information as
to why this error my be occuring. This was compiled with gcc 2.7.2. Thanks
for your help, I'm at a loss.

KS