freetds - Re: sql server 7 problem - php

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Darryl Friesen" <Darryl.Friesen AT usask.ca>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: sql server 7 problem - php
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2001 22:02:31 -0600

> I tried to compile php with the following configuration

./configure --with-mysql --with-apxs=/usr/local/apache_1.3.19/bin/apxs --wit
> h-sybase-ct=/usr/local/freetds

[SNIP]

TSRM/libtsrm.la -lpam -ldl -lsybtcl -lintl -lcomn -lct -lcs -lresolv -lm -ld
> l -lcrypt -lnsl -lresolv
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lsybtcl

PHP assumes you have the actual Sybase client. You'll neeed to patch either
configure or the Makefile (I can't remember which). Check the mailing list
archives. There's a patch for 4.03, which won't work for 4.04 sadly, but
the same changes need to be applied. Only took me a couple of minutes, but
I can't remember off the top of my head exactly what the changes were.

- Darryl

Darryl Friesen, B.Sc., Programmer/Analyst Darryl.Friesen AT usask.ca
Education & Research Technology Services, http://gollum.usask.ca/
Department of Computing Services,
University of Saskatchewan
"Go not to the Elves for counsel, for they will say both no and yes"