freetds - RE: Datatype Real Problems with MSSQL 6.5

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mark Schaal <mark AT champ.tstonramp.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: Datatype Real Problems with MSSQL 6.5
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 14:38:40 -0800 (PST)

> Hi,
>
> I believe this to be a problem with PHP, as I experienced the same thing
> under OpenClient on AIX. I recompiled PHP for sybase-ct to work around
> it.
>
> Not that Mark's changes wouldn't help floats and reals in other places,
> but this isn't it.
>
> Brian

I concur.

I looked into the freetds float/real handling and fixed the only thing
I thought might contribute to the error. Since I don't use PHP3 or
PHP4, I can't justify the time it would take to work through their
code. If someone could show this is a difference between the freetds
and Sybase libraries maybe we could revisit the issue, but this is
beyond me for the moment.

Wish I could've help more.

Mark
--