freetds - table name of field & MS SQL trusted connection

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Viktor Hunyad <vhunyad AT yahoo.com>
  • To: freetds digest <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: table name of field & MS SQL trusted connection
  • Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 10:39:00 -0800 (PST)

Hi all,

I use freetds for accessing MS SQL 6.5 on NT4 from
RedHat 6.2/Apache/PHP4/Freetds.

quetion 1: In PHP's mssql_fetch_field function's
returned object - the documentation says - in the
source_name I should get the name of the table of the
return fields. Instead of that I receive the name of
the field as it is in the name property.
Is it a PHP issue, a Freetds issue or a
misunderstanding on my side?
http://www.php.net/manual/function.mssql-fetch-field.php

question 2: Does anybody has experience with
connecting to an MS SQL which is configured to be
trusted with the domain poassword?
The problem is that the user do not have an SQL
id-password pair, only an id (same as domain logon)
and the password is checked against the domain
controller's password.
So I can not HTTP-AUTH the user because he will give
the domain password which is not existing in the SQL
server.

If I was not well-understandable I am ready to explain
it again in details.

Any comments are welcome :-))

Viktor