freetds - Re: FreeTDS under VMS (changes suggestion)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mark Schaal <mark AT champ.tstonramp.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: FreeTDS under VMS (changes suggestion)
  • Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 13:16:36 -0800 (PST)

> > Doesn't it work for everybody else already?
> Yes. It will allow to use printf's specification like %.*s for
> example, it allow to help formating output w/o overhead caused by
> using strlen() for computing of a string length.
>
> > If it doesn't work easily
> > for OpenVMS users, why can't you create an OpenVMS abstraction layer?
> For what?
> It need to add length for an every string parameter and it's all.
> --
> Cheers.
> +------------------pure personal opinion-----------------------+
> RADIUS Server for OpenVMS project - www.radiusvms.com
> www.DLS.net - Connecting with Care!
> vms-isps AT dls.net - Forum for ISP running OpenVMS

I doubt that strlen() calls add much time. Performance isn't our
first priority, but if you have profiling information indicating
that strlen() is a bottleneck, send it to the list and we'll look
at it. I'd suspect that the speed of the DB processing queries
would be the limiting factor for most cases.

Mark
--
Mark J. Schaal Phone: (909) 620-7724
TST On Ramp Fax: (909) 620-8174