freetds - Re: 64-bit platforms

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mark Schaal <mark AT champ.tstonramp.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: 64-bit platforms
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 18:59:21 -0800 (PST)

> There are some autoconf rules for getting the size of particular data
> types. AC_CHECK_SIZEOF(x) will set $ac_cv_sizeof_x which can be check in
> configure.in to set the right sizes. This will probably have wider
> portability than <inttypes.h>
>
> BTW, this is what glib does to define its types.
>
> What do you think?
>
> Brian

That's a possibility. My main preference for looking for the int32_t
family header file is that once you have one you have them all, plus it
seems simple to implement, plus I had the hope that we would find them
defined in the same place on most platforms. If you can steal already
tested logic straight from glib, that sounds great to me.

Mark
--
Mark J. Schaal Phone: (909) 620-7724
TST On Ramp Fax: (909) 620-8174