freetds - Re: 64-bit platforms

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: 64-bit platforms
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 22:25:13 -0500 (EST)

There are some autoconf rules for getting the size of particular data
types. AC_CHECK_SIZEOF(x) will set $ac_cv_sizeof_x which can be check in
configure.in to set the right sizes. This will probably have wider
portability than <inttypes.h>

BTW, this is what glib does to define its types.

What do you think?

Brian