freetds - Re: 255 char limit in result queries

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: 255 char limit in result queries
  • Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2000 09:21:03 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 3 Nov 2000, Brug, Herco van -Syntegra NL wrote:

> ok after some trial and error i set it with mssql_query("set textsize
> 10000\nSelect * from something");
> this still limited the result to 255 chars. setting it to 10 (!) did limit
> it to 10 chars so the thing works but only to make it smaller, not bigger
> than 255 chars.......
> the field i'm querying btw is a 'memo' field with undefined length, not a
> normal textfield (which may be limited to 255 chars by definition?). could
> this have something to do with it?

That could have a lot to do with it. Please post the table definition
(ddl) and I'll see what I can do. Unfortunately I don't have access to a
6.5 version of SQL Server, so I'll have to try it out under 7.0. BTW you
might try 'select convert(text, mymemofield) from mytable' and see if
that's any different.

Brian