freetds - Re: dbwritetext()

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Christopher S. Weimann" <cweimann AT wallnet.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: dbwritetext()
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 18:49:50 -0500

On Sat, Oct 28, 2000 at 01:51:38AM -0400, Christopher Weimann wrote:

> > There are numerous examples of writetext in the src/dblib/unittests
> > directory. I can't promise that write text or BCP will work with TDS
> > 7.0, so I hope you're using TDS 4.2 for this. ;-)
> >

> I have the unittest for text/image working now. Switching from 7 to 4.2
> did the job.

Turns out it doesn't quite work. The unittest/t0013.c sample has two
modes of operation. One in which it writes an entire blob in one shot
and one in which it uses dbmoretext to write it in pieces. The former
works, the latter doesn't. If you fixup the ifdef on line 146 to use
the dbmoretext version ( and fix broken if 159-162 ) and compile it
will hang on line 152 ( dbsqlok ).

I was intending to use the dbmoretext version since I'm not sure how
large the files are that I'm going to be writing into the blob so
I figured I'd do it in chunks.

Also I will have to go back and see if protocol 7 works any differently.