freetds - Re: [JDBC] DatabaseMetaData and the various servers

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Bob Kline <bkline AT rksystems.com>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: [JDBC] DatabaseMetaData and the various servers
  • Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 18:22:54 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 28 Sep 2000, Michael Maraya wrote:

> > Which tests in the unittests directory do you need me to run?
>
> I've checked the unittests and as far as I can tell, none of them
> test the DatabaseMetaData class. DatabaseMetaData has a psvm method
> though which contains code for testing (that should probably be
> moved out to a separate unit test, imho). Just add the following
> two lines after m is initialized and execute the class:
>
> System.out.println("Product Name is " + m.getDatabaseProductName());
> System.out.println("Product Version is " +
> m.getDatabaseProductVersion());

I pulled down the latest code from CVS, added the modification you gave
above, and tried to test, but getDatabaseProductVersion() throws a "Not
implemented" exception.

> By the way, are you using an evaluation copy of ASE from Sybase? I
> noticed that there were downloadable versions for Linux on Sybase's
> site.

I'm running the following version, downloaded directly from Sybase:

Adaptive Server Enterprise/11.9.2/1075/P/Linux Intel/Linux 2.2.5
i586/OPT/Mon Jul 12 09:51:46 1999

--
Bob Kline
mailto:bkline AT rksystems.com