freetds - Re: FreeTDS + PHP4 RPMS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Jean-Michel POURE" <jmpoure AT axitrad.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: FreeTDS + PHP4 RPMS
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 05:01:18 -0400

Hello all,

Thank you for the information of using FreeTDS latest snapshots, I will !

A few months ago, I used to compile Apache and Php from the daily
snapshots. As you know, PHP snapshots do not always compile well for
various reasons (glibc, etc...), especially when you include the latest
modules.

Therefore, experimented users usually create their own compilation script
to upgrade Apache + Php 4. But this requires skills and time for testing !

To solve this problem, Troels ARVIN publishes PHP 4 RPMS build from PHP
snapshots. You can find them on Troels homepage
http://fsr.ku.dk/people/troels/rpms/php/. I notived the RPMs were updated
regularly.

Now, do I have to switch back to the old way of compiling FreeTDS or
should I wait until FreeTDS RPMS are available ? Has anyone contacted
Troels to work on an MS SQL Server PHP RPM extension ?

Thank you for your help, regards,
Jean-Michel