freetds - Re: vxworks port of FreeTDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: vxworks port of FreeTDS
  • Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 21:57:42 -0400 (EDT)

Wow, I had a brush with VxWorks in another life...we were using sybase as
well...of course there was no freetds at the time :-)

Anyway, the source code is all ansi C/Posix, so if vxworks supports
berkeley sockets, you should be in good shape. The only thing I'm unaware
of is whether autoconf/automake would support such a target...You may need
to end up writing your own makefiles which is not a huge task (prior to
0.3 that's how it worked anyway)

Brian

On Mon, 21 Aug 2000, Dennis wrote:

> I'm interested in porting freeTDS to the VxWorks operating system.
> Has this been attempted by anyone?
> Does anyone have any pointers?
> Specifically, I'd be aiming at implementing the libraries, etc.
> for Motorola 68k or PowerPC architectures running vxworks.
> VxWorks uses the gnu compilers, etc. for its development environment.
>
> Thanks for any help!
> Dennis Nicklaus
> nicklaus @ fnal.gov

  • vxworks port of FreeTDS, Dennis, 08/21/2000
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: vxworks port of FreeTDS, Brian Bruns, 08/22/2000