freetds - Re: Trying to get started

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Stefan Bodewig <bodewig AT bost.de>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Trying to get started
  • Date: 19 Jun 2000 16:39:55 +0200

MM> sorry that should have said : ResultSet_helper_2_0.java

yup, well known bug, that needs to be fixed in CVS. Change "implements
java.sql.ResultSet" to "extends java.sql.ResultSet".

On the other hand, this helper class is only there to prevent circular
references from causing problems in the Makefile, it isn't used
anywhere so if ResultSet_2_0.class exists, this shouldn't be a problem
at all.

I don't actually know whether this can cause havoc to your server, but
maybe your support guy can watch the machine while you try to telnet
to port 1433 of the server.

If your telnet connection gets refused, than you have to search for
the problem outside of the driver. Otherwise we might want to take the
search for the problem of this list and come back when we've found a
solution.

Stefan