freetds - Re: Trying to get started

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Stefan Bodewig <bodewig AT bost.de>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Trying to get started
  • Date: 19 Jun 2000 16:12:40 +0200

Hi Mark,

MM> I actually just added another else if to the section of
MM> Constructors.java to check for Java 1.3.

This should be sufficient.

Are you using a JIT? Sometimes the JIT masks other exceptions as
NullPointerExceptions which might be misleading.

Right at the end of Constructors.java you will find

catch (Throwable e)
{
System.err.println("Exception- " + e.getClass().getName());
throw new java.sql.SQLException(e.getMessage());
}

could you change this to

catch (Throwable e)
{
e.printStackTrace()
throw new java.sql.SQLException(e.getMessage());
}

end get back to us with whatever information is generated there?
The new Exception created unfortunately hides all the relevant
information.

Thank you

Stefan