freetds - How to upgarde to FreeTDS 0.5 for use with MS-SQL 7.0

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "amitabh gangwar" <amitabh77 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: How to upgarde to FreeTDS 0.5 for use with MS-SQL 7.0
  • Date: Sat, 15 Apr 2000 6:34:39

I have downloaded the FreeTDS 0.2 and 0.5 from web-site. When I connect to
SQLServer7.0 using the class "com.internetcds.jdbc.tds.Driver", it gives an
error saying "Host not found".

Debugging the problem myself led me to find that the ver 0.2 of freeTDS
driver is getting loaded which probably does not support SQL Server 7.0 and
above. How do I make the FreeTDS0.5(that supports MS-SQL7.0) to get loaded
in place of the TDS0.2 that is currently getting loaded?

The install and readme files that come with TDS0.5 are hardly helpful in
this regard. I have changed the CLASSPATH to point to "freetds_jdbc.jar".
Thanks.