freetds - Re: DBD::FreeTDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: adrian AT alexa.com (Adrian Blakey)
  • To: "'TDS Development Group'" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: DBD::FreeTDS
  • Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 09:50:30 -0800

Cewel.

Also, if I use DBD::Sybase and add the "packetSize=8192" to the connect
string, I get "Unknown property 5" written to stderr by the connect. The
string looks something like this:

my $dbh =
DBI->connect("dbi:Sybase:server=fooserver;database=mydb;packetSize=8192",
'me' , 'pwd') or print "Can not connect to SS";

If I do something like the following, with the interfaces param, the
"Unknown property 5" message is not generated:

my $dbh =
DBI->connect("dbi:Sybase:server=fooserver;database=mydb;interfaces=/usr/loca
l/freetds/interfaces", 'me' , 'pwd') or print "Can not connect to SS";

However in both cases the connect fails, but the " or print ... " does not
get called. An error seems to be being generated and left in a buffer, since
my Perl error handler does get called as soon as I turn it on right after
the connect (with "$dbh->{syb_err_handler} = \Err;") No values are passed
in the arguments to the Err sub. and the connection is not established.