freetds - Re: No route to host

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: richard AT iguana.co.nz
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: No route to host
  • Date: Tue, 7 Dec 1999 08:47:48 +1300 (NZDT)

> > Hi,
> > I'm using FreeTDS to access a MSSQL 7.0 server. The program runs every
> > hour, and frequently (about 5 times a day) I get an error something like
> >
> > No route to host.
> > DB-Error: could not connect
>
> I'm getting this sort of behavior consistantly when I try to connect
> to an MS SQL Server using sqsh. This happens with .46, .47 and .50pre1.
>
> Here is a dump with -l 10
> sqsh-1.7 (DEBUG) Copyright (C) 1995-1999 Scott C. Gray
> This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
> For more information type '\warranty'
> jobset_get_cmd: Testing '\loop'
> jobset_get_cmd: Testing '\connect'
> Password:
> Unknown property 4
> connect: Network is unreachable
>
> I'll spend some time looking at the code itself, but that
> Unknown property error seems interesting...

Thats what I got when I didn't have the SYBASE env variable set correctly.
If it can't find the $SYBASE/interfaces file, it gets confused and trys to
connect god-knows-where. On the other hand, if yours is working most of
the time, maybe thats not it.

If not, check that you're using an IP in the interfaces file and not a
domain name (I'm not sure if its possible to use a domain name anyway)
since perhaps your dns lookups are failing and causing sqsh to get upset.

Richard.