freetds - Re: No route to host

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: No route to host
  • Date: Sun, 5 Dec 1999 21:42:00 -0500 (EST)

Basically this means that connect() is returning EHOSTUNREACH, which
according to my man pages isn't a valid return. They are always so out of
date anyway.

The only thing that I can see off hand would be an occasional DNS lookup
failure. Have you had any problems with DNS? Try replacing the host name
with an IP address and see if that helps at all. That'll at least give us
more information to go on.

Brian