freetds - Re: Some help, please?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Re: Some help, please?
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 16:28:2

sqsh should return results directly to stdout like such:

camber (~)2 sqsh -Usa -SJDBC
sqsh-1.5.1 Copyright (C) 1995, 1996 Scott C. Gray
This is free software with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
For more information type '\warranty'
Password:
1> select getdate()
2> go

-------------------
Nov 9 1999 4:12PM

(1 row affected)
1>

I'd reccomend trying the 1.7 version of sqsh as it is know to work. I
haven't tried 1.4 in some months and have no idea if it is working.

The second thing is to try building PHP in CGI mode (don't add
--with-apache) Then use the php executable to run the script like:

camber (~/php-3.0.8)2 ./php test1.php

This will remove apache from the equation and hopefully put us on the right
track.

brian

On 11/09/99, ""Robert Bradman" <rbradman AT omaha.com>" wrote:
> I still can't find out of this is working or not.

In PHP I can sybase_connect() and sybase_select_db() just fine and get
positive identifiers returned. However, as soon as I do a sybase_query()
the page times out.

I can't find anything about testing with SQSH. I have SQSH compiled and it
connects and I can, apparently, query. But I don't have any idea how to
check the results of a select statement to see if any data was in fact
returned or if it's just broken period.

I've been screwing with this for three weeks now thus I am three weeks
behind. I would use ODBC but there zero worthwhile docs for using ODBC w/
FreeBSD and PHP.

This is a nightmare...

  • Re: Some help, please?, Brian Bruns, 11/09/1999