freetds - Re: memory leaks in dblib/tds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Geoff Winkless" <geoff AT farmline.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: memory leaks in dblib/tds
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 16:11:23 -0000

Bob Kline <bkline AT rksystems.com> writes:

> What happens if you throw in a call to dbcancel()?

If I replace the NO_MORE_RESULTS loop with

dbcancel(dbproc);

exactly the same problem. And I get some "Unknown marker: 2!!" messages
coming back (but that's probably cos I'm using MS SQL 7).

incidentally I realised that dbcmd() does a strcat() onto the current
string, not a strcpy - so the string was getting longer and longer... I'm
amazed it hasn't crashed... :)

However using dbfreebuf just after dbsqlexec makes no difference, I still
get this leak.

Any more hints appreciated...

Thanks

Geoff