freetds - Re: JDBC and SQL Server 6.5

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mark Schaal <mark AT champ.tstonramp.com>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Re: JDBC and SQL Server 6.5
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 12:56:37 -0700 (PDT)

> BTW, Does anyone know what 0xA7 and 0xA8 signify? They come back from
> the queries like "select * from t0026 order by i compute sum(f) by i"

I've worked a little with compute packets a couple weeks ago. This is
what I remember.

Don't know much about 0xA7. It was mentioned somewhere as a "compute
control" packet, but I don't know if that meant anything or was a vague
guess. It's the standard [N = short int][packet of length N] format.

0xA8 is the compute result equivalent of the column information token.
The first short int is the length of the packet. The next short int
is some unknown magic. The next byte is the number of compute results.
The remainder is column by column info in the same format as for regular
row results.

Mark
--
Mark J. Schaal Phone: (909) 620-7724