freetds - JDBC and SQL Server 6.5

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Mike Duffy" <miked AT satinsoft.demon.co.uk>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: JDBC and SQL Server 6.5
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 1999 11:45:6

I am delighted with your free JDBC driver for Sybase and MSSQL.
But, I do have a few questions.

a) In my applications About window how should I credit your collective
work?

b) What general queries whould you like in a general DBA explorer tool
( apart from the usual whos logged, top 10 queries, top db locks )

c) I'm getting an error protocol confused 0x79 packet
after issuing a "sp_helpuser"
query. if I do a simpler query then it behaves fine.
is this a driver problem. or is my treatment of the driver at fault.
( I've just plugged your driver into a bigger version of the swing jdk
tableexample)

Thanks again