freetds - Re: dg/ux challenges

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Jeff Driscoll" <jdriscol AT gate.net>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Re: dg/ux challenges
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 0:10:22

> Anyway, do something like this:
>
> gdb sqsh
> (gdb) run -Usa -Pmysapass -Smyserver -b
> 1> select * from sys_users
> 2> go
> (now hit ctrl-c once it freezes)
> (gdb) where
>
> I need the stack trace printed when you type where. Probably we will see
> tds_process_msg() in there somewhere. If that's the case I'll post a debug
> version of token.c to try and see what is going wrong.
>
> Oh by the way, I'd to ifdef that #include <paths.h> thing into the code,
> do you know what define I can check for to see if its on DGUX?
>

> Cheers,
>
> Brian

Ok, I found what appears to be an old version of gdb but it appears to
work.

dgtest# gdb sqsh
GDB is free software and you are welcome to distribute copies of it
under certain conditions; type "show copying" to see the conditions.
There is absolutely no warranty for GDB; type "show warranty" for details.
GDB 4.12 (i386-dg-dgux), Copyright 1994 Free Software Foundation, Inc...
(no debugging symbols found)...
(gdb) run -Upopeye -Psailorman -Smssql7 -b
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/sqsh -Upopeye -Psailorman -Smssql7 -b
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...
Unknown property 7
1> select * from sys_users
2> go
Msg 208, Level 16, State 1
Server 'VSTNCDB', Line 1
Invalid object name 'sys_users'.
<------- <CTRL> C entered.
no debugging symbols found)...
0x80029cb4 in read ()
(gdb) where
#0 0x80029cb4 in read ()
#1 0x800934dc in tds_read_packet ()
#2 0x80093135 in tds_get_byte ()
#3 0x800909c2 in tds_process_result_tokens ()
#4 0x8008e5ec in ct_results ()
#5 0x80645ed in dsp_horiz ()
#6 0x80628e1 in dsp_cmd ()
#7 0x805aee3 in cmd_go ()
#8 0x8050e9a in jobset_run ()
#9 0x805cc16 in cmd_input ()
#10 0x8057934 in cmd_loop ()
#11 0x8050e9a in jobset_run ()
#12 0x806bd74 in main ()
#13 0x8049fa9 in _start ()
(gdb)

Also to clarify the MS SQL Server is version 7 with service pack 1 loaded.
---
Jeff