freetds - Re: dg/ux challenges

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: dg/ux challenges
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 21:44:43 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 21 Sep 1999, Jeff Driscoll wrote:

> On 09/21/99, "Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>" wrote:
> > Hmmmm....No idea. freetds should generate a log in /tmp/freetds.log could
> > you send in the last 25 lines or so of that?
> >
> > Brian
> >
> I checked /tmp/freetds.log and it was empty. More clues. Using SQSH 1.7,
> if the first query entered is successful subsequent bad SQL statements
> return the Msg 208. If the first SQL statement executed is invalid then I
> never get back to a prompt. When I terminate the telnet nothing gets
> written to /tmp/freetds.log.
>
> Next steps?

Good question. The best thing to do is to run it in gdb and when it goes
out to lunch hit Ctrl-C and see where it is. In all likelyhood it is
sitting in read() on the socket. I'm going to guess that it is screwing up
in the messsage token and overread something.

Are you running with TDS 5.0 or 4.2? I forgot. If memory serves you are
accessing a Microsoft server right? I which case it should be 4.2.

Anyway, do something like this:

gdb sqsh
(gdb) run -Usa -Pmysapass -Smyserver -b
1> select * from sys_users
2> go
(now hit ctrl-c once it freezes)
(gdb) where

I need the stack trace printed when you type where. Probably we will see
tds_process_msg() in there somewhere. If that's the case I'll post a debug
version of token.c to try and see what is going wrong.

Oh by the way, I'd to ifdef that #include <paths.h> thing into the code,
do you know what define I can check for to see if its on DGUX?

Cheers,

Brian