freetds - Re: Errors getting FreeTDS-based Perl modules to work

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Allyn Craig" <abcraig AT ichips.intel.com>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Re: Errors getting FreeTDS-based Perl modules to work
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 1999 18:55:17

> > I'm not familiar with why DBD-SybPerl doesn't work, but I believe
> > that module is primarily for backwards compatability with SybPerl.
>
> There is no DBD::SybPerl. I think he meant sybperl (as in
> Sybase::DBlib and Sybase::CTlib)

Yes. You're right. My mistake.

Regarding the previous message suggesting that I try DBD-Sybase, I did
that, and here are the error messages I'm getting when trying to compile:

"dbdimp.c", line 436: undefined symbol: CS_VER_STRING
"dbdimp.c", line 786: undefined symbol: CS_OPT_QUOTED_IDENT
"dbdimp.c", line 794: undefined symbol: CS_OPT_ROWCOUNT
"dbdimp.c", line 1165: undefined symbol: CS_OPT_QUOTED_IDENT
"dbdimp.c", line 1216: undefined symbol: CS_OPT_ROWCOUNT

I searched through all of the files in the freetds and DBD-Sybase
directories
and could not find any reference to these three items. Is there something
I'm missing?

Thanks so much for your help and continued assistance.