freetds - Re: Hungry PHP

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Hungry PHP
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 23:44:19 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Paul Schaap wrote:

> Brian,
>
> On 09/13/99, "Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>" wrote:
> > I'm confused.
> >

> You and me both ;-)

Ok, let's have another go at it. I found a bug in the dbdatlen() function.
A bug I checked in earlier tonight no less! Anyway, fixed that and fixed
the NULL handling for dbdata() as well, which meant fixing stuff down in
the tds layer and so forth... New stuff is in CVS, let's give it a go.
I'm hoping this fixes the core dumps and the 'hungry' problem. I seriously
doubt it'll fix the date problem but with any luck it should make things
better.

> > Is it possible to send me a stack trace?
>
> Certainly, anything to help you, if I actually new how to do it :-(.
> However I would be VERY happy to learn offline from this list if you have
> could spare the time, I do feel I have the capability just not the
> experience .... its up to you! Alternatively I'd also accept a shagoff and
> learn it yourself style response:-)

do something like this:

cd <directory where core file is>
gdb httpd
(gdb) where
big long list of functions
(gdb)

note this is only necessary if the new fixes fail. we can go off list if
this doesn't pan out.

> I know that feeling ! Little miss 3 needs school bad :-) she is a real
> bright spark.

Sounds precious. :)

Cheers,

Brian