freetds - Re: Hungry PHP

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Paul Schaap" <Paul.Schaap AT dingoblue.com.au>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Re: Hungry PHP
  • Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 22:45:38

Brian,

On 09/13/99, "Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>" wrote:
> I'm confused.

You and me both ;-)

> On Mon, 13 Sep 1999, Paul Schaap wrote:
>
> > Brian,
> >
> > I feel awful returning bad news after you have obviously put alot of
> > effort
> > in ! I mostly get segfault 11's at the apache php side and it returns
> > maybe
> > once every 10-30 requests with (here is the good news) no hungry
> > behaviour,
> > but the dates are still wrong ! It still works correctly under sqsh :-)
> >
> Is it possible to send me a stack trace?

Certainly, anything to help you, if I actually new how to do it :-(.
However I would be VERY happy to learn offline from this list if you have
could spare the time, I do feel I have the capability just not the
experience .... its up to you! Alternatively I'd also accept a shagoff and
learn it yourself style response:-)

> > On another report that used to work correctly about two cvs's ago I have
> > noticed that where sqsh returns 'NULL' freetds exhibits the hungry
> > behaviour so this may be related.
> >
> I changed the behaviour of dbdatlen() such that when it is NULL it returns
> 0 instead of the column size. This should be correct behaviour... It's
> possible it broke something else.
>
> > Do you need more detail, I happy to learn more to help ...
> >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Brian

> > Dads of the world unite, I have a boy and girl myself :-)
> >

> My son is 6 and just started first grade. He actually quite excited to be
> going all day. (And so are we!)

I know that feeling ! Little miss 3 needs school bad :-) she is a real
bright spark.