freetds - Debian package of freetds_jdbc available soon

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Andreas Tille <tillea AT rki.de>
  • To: FreeTDS mailing liste <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Debian package of freetds_jdbc available soon
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 09:45:08 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

I've just uploaded a Debian package of FreeTDS_jdbc from the latest
snapshot, named freetds-jdbc_990813. It will be available from the
Debian mirrors as soon as the packages is accepted (this could last
about one week fro new packages) in the potato (unstable) tree.

It is shipped with a freetds.jar file were all classes are collected.

I beg al Debian users to heavily test this package because I'm
very new to Java and JDBC programming. The examples work as well
as my brand new written servlet.

Remark: Unfortunately I doesn't know how build the package so that
no CLASSPATH setting is required. So you have to set the
CLASSPATH variable explizitely. I'll correct that as soon
I found out the mechanism.

Remark to the author: I'd suggest to implement version numbering
to avoid strange date-nameings in the packages. It would be nice
if you'd drop me a note for new releases. MANY THANKS FOR THIS
NICE SOFTWARE WHICH HELPS ME A LOT!

Have fun

Andreas.