freetds - Debian package of freetds_jdbc available soon

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Craig Spannring <Craig.Spannring AT aedinc.net>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Debian package of freetds_jdbc available soon
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 1999 11:09:25 -0600 (MDT)

Andreas Tille writes:
> Hello,
>
> I've just uploaded a Debian package of FreeTDS_jdbc from the latest
> snapshot, named freetds-jdbc_990813.

That sounds good, except that I would name it freetds-jdbc_19990813.
That will keep things sorted properly after December 31, 1999.

> Remark to the author: I'd suggest to implement version numbering
> to avoid strange date-nameings in the packages.

It does have version numbering, just not on the FreeTDS web page.
Look at

ftp://freetds.internetcds.com/pub/freetds_jdbc

Of course I haven't released a new official version in while now. I
wanted to get rid of all the known bugs before the next release.

Life is short. | Craig Spannring
Bike hard, ski fast. | Craig.Spannring AT aedinc.net
Any sufficiently horrible technology is indistinguishable from Perl.