freetds - Re: Checkins

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Brian Bruns" <camber AT ais.org>
  • To: freetds
  • Subject: Re: Checkins
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 1999 14:18:16

On 08/12/99, "Mark Schaal <mark AT champ.tstonramp.com>" wrote:
> > I checked in some changes tonight, so if you submitted a patch please have
> > a look and make sure it got in.
>
> Should patches preferably go to the mailing list or to you directly?
> I assume there's no way to check them in through CVS as the anonymous
> user.

Through the mailing list is better, unless they are huge...If you're going
to be contributing regularly I'll get you CVS write access, but I generally
like to give the patches a once over anyway before they go in.

> > I will probably put out a 0.46pre1 this week some time. I'm anxious to
> > get a numbered version with the fix for MS SQL 7.0 in it. We've had
> > numerous 'I tried 0.45 against SQL 7.0' type questions...
>
> As far as I can tell it works with both our 6.5 and 7.0 servers here.

There was a bug in the release version of 0.45 which SQL 7.0 tickled. It
was fixed right after that, but most people (naturally) grab the latest
release instead the -current one. So having a 0.46 that works out of the
box will help alot.

> I have four or so patches for you, some of which might even be important,
> which I'll try to get out soon.

Cool! Let me know if I can help as far as explaining the layout of the code
or anything.

Cheers,

Brian

  • Checkins, Brian Bruns, 08/10/1999