freetds - version 0.45 test

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: version 0.45 test
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 20:24:39 -0400 (EDT)

Hi everyone,

I just checked in the last change that I plan on doing before the 0.45
release. (Fixed a small messaging bug).

Check it out from the CVS server, or grab tommorows snapshot to see if
there are any show stoppers. If I don't hear anything bad, I'll release
sometime during the week.

I'm hoping 0.45 will be a big improvement over the prior version (0.41).
However, there are still a lot of outstanding issues.

While DBD::Sybase (Not the FreeTDS one, the one from the author of
SybPerl) compiles it will not run because 1) it's core dumping when
calling a message handler and 2) ct_dynamic() and friends are just stubs
at the moment...this will be alot of work to implement and I didn't want
to hold up the release.

There are still Solaris configure problems. I just don't have a Solaris
box to try this on, and frankly I'm not that familiar with autoconf to
make a guess. Hopefully, someone with a Sun box will join the team.

PHP with ct-lib now works to some extent, but I'm not sure to what extent
yet...YMMV

SQSH 1.7 seems to work perfect <disclaimer>for me</disclaimer>, and I'd
recommend that in preference to 1.4 (the dblib version) which still has
some issues related to a weak implementation of dbprhead/dbprrow

One last point, this project REALLY needs additional people helping. If
you have any suggestions on how to generate some interest, please clue me
in.

Brian