freetds - Re: Problem with Browser

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Mike Jennings <mjenning AT islandnet.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Problem with Browser
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 10:46:52 -0700

Hi,

There is a known bug with IE4 in that it doesn't execute static code in
classes properly.
JDBC drivers use their static code methods to register themselves with the
JDBC driver manager.

The work-around that works for IE4 and Netscape is to have a line of code
like this:

Class.forName("com.whatever.drivername").newInstance();

BEFORE you try to get a Connection object.

(I don't know the fully-qualified name of the freetds JDBC driver, so I
just wrote
"com.whatever.drivername" in the above code snippet.)

Hope this helps.

-Mike Jennings

At 11:56 AM 6/9/99 +0200, you wrote:
> Hi,
>I'm developing an applet java to connect with MSSQL Server 6.5 using
>FreeTds.
>
>If executed it from Netscape browser it go perfectly, but if executed from
>IExplorer dont run
>
>it display error : No suitable Driver
>
>Excuse me for my bad english, and thanks
>
>¿why dont work under IE?
>
>eduardo mailto:molin61 AT hotmail.com
>

>---
>You are currently subscribed to freetds as: consulting AT takeovertheworld.com
>To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')

  • Re: Problem with Browser, Mike Jennings, 06/10/1999