freetds - version 0.45 test

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Michael Peppler <mpeppler AT peppler.org>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: version 0.45 test
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 06:50:28 -0700 (PDT)

Brian Bruns writes:

> I'm hoping 0.45 will be a big improvement over the prior version (0.41).
> However, there are still a lot of outstanding issues.
>
> While DBD::Sybase (Not the FreeTDS one, the one from the author of
> SybPerl) compiles it will not run because 1) it's core dumping when
> calling a message handler and

I'll take a look at this if I can find a little time...

> 2) ct_dynamic() and friends are just stubs
> at the moment...this will be alot of work to implement and I didn't want
> to hold up the release.

You should be able to disable the ct_dynamic() section of things if
you code ct_capability() to return false when checking for the
CS_REQ_DYN capability.

> There are still Solaris configure problems. I just don't have a Solaris
> box to try this on, and frankly I'm not that familiar with autoconf to
> make a guess. Hopefully, someone with a Sun box will join the team.

I've got a Sun with Solaris 7 (and Sybase). Again, if I find the time
I'll try to check this out (although I don't know much about autoconf
either!)

Michael
--
Michael Peppler -||- Data Migrations Inc.
mpeppler AT peppler.org -||- http://www.mbay.net/~mpeppler