freetds - Re: MSSQL7.0 from freetds + SQSH On Linux

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Janjanam Vijaya Kumar <vijay AT qualcomm.com>
  • To: "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>, "TDS Development Group" <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: MSSQL7.0 from freetds + SQSH On Linux
  • Date: Tue, 01 Jun 1999 16:31:41 -0700

I too got the similar problem when I installed freetds to make it work with
MS SQL 6.5. I got the same errors when I tested it. As a work around I
removed the printf statements from the source files and recompiled the
stuff. Interestingly the freetds crashed when I tried to retrieve more than
500 rows at the same time. I have no clue whether the crash is related with
the errors showing up.

- Vijay

At 07:14 PM 6/1/99 +0000, T.B. wrote:
>Hey all,
>
>I am not certain if this has been dealt with here.. I searched the list a
>bit but could not find an explicit description of this situation, so I
>thought I would relate my travails with this setup.
>
>On an RedHat 5.2 System, using gcc 2.7.2.3 I was able to successfully
>compile freetds and sqsh, and connect to an MSSQL7.0 server using sqsh from
>a Linux server.
>
>The fun bit was that MSSQL7.0 is NOT compatible with TDS version above 4.2
>(or so we finally wheedled out of Microsoft tech support). That is to say,
>it is -intentionally- incompatible with TDS ver above 4.2. "We don't
>support TDS versions above 4.2 in MSSQL 7.0". When we finally discovered
>that fun fact, I abandoned the sybase libs, got freetds and compiled it
>using tdsver=4.2 and installed it normally.
>
>Then, I untarred sqsh, removed configure and executed 'autoconf', then
>configured and made the binary. I still get two errors when the command
>prompt is coming up, however it seems to work nicely. For the curious,
>those errors are:
>
>Unknown property 32
>Unknown property 40
>
>-Timothy
>

>---
>You are currently subscribed to freetds as: jkumar AT qualcomm.com
>To unsubscribe, forward this message to
$subst('Email.Unsub')