freetds - Re: Release 0.41 ...on Solaris(Sparc)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Gregg Jensen <greggj AT savvis.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Release 0.41 ...on Solaris(Sparc)
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 15:58:42 -0600

Brian Bruns wrote:

> 0.41 is at ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/ALPHA/freetds-0.41.tgz
>
> If I don't hear any complaints I'll send out the announcements tommorow
> evening. I think Solaris is as good as it's going to be before the
> release (I think I have some place to test Solaris if I keep quiet about
> it, so I may look into the problems after the release).

FYI,
On Solaris (Sparc) with this tgz file, after running

configure --prefix /opt/freetds --with-tdsver=4.2

I get this output right off the bat with 'make':

Making all in src
make[1]: Entering directory `/devel/gwj/freetds/src'
Making all in tds
make[2]: Entering directory `/devel/gwj/freetds/src/tds'
make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/usr/include/features.h', needed by
`mem.lo'.
Stop.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/devel/gwj/freetds/src/tds'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/devel/gwj/freetds/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Also, with the latest from CVS on Solaris, the make process completed but
the flag
for HW_BIG_ENDIAN/HW_LITTLE_ENDIAN was set to HW_LITTLE_ENDIAN. Interestingly
enough, the other flag WORDS_BIGENDIAN was set to 1 (is this used in the
code?).
So, yes the build went ahead without errors, but I sure wouldn't want to try
it out
on Sybase. I have been told, (ahem...by the database administrator) that it
causes
a stack trace to occur and can bring down (or as a result, needs to bring
down) the
database.

Gregg