freetds - pre-release Solaris again...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Gregg Jensen <greggj AT savvis.net>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: pre-release Solaris again...
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 11:26:49 -0600

FYI,

I have compiled the latest version (yesterday's CVS latest) on both Solaris
(Sparc) and
Linux (Intel), and linked it with sqsh-1.4. I have run a few queries on each
in order
to compare the output. There were queries that went against MS Sql Svr and
queries for
Sybase. On Linux, the output (for this purpose) was correct. The same set
of queries
on Solaris, yielded different results. For some queries ( simple statements
such as
select count(*), selecting one column etc), the output was correct. Anything
associated with sp_help or select * or even something that would generate an
error. The
output was either nonexistent or an internal error like:
DB-LIBRARY error (severity 18):
The token datastream length was not correct. This is an internal protocol
error.

would come up. It didn't matter which database, both produced errors. With
the
versions on each machine being identical, it looks like there is some
additional work
on the Solaris side. If I get any time today, I will try to look into it,
but was
wondering if there is anyone else that has the capability (machine
availability) to
look into this as well.

Gregg

...Another data point... On Solaris, I ran a sp_help and got not response
(not even an
error message), then ran a select count(*) and got not response. then ran a
sp_help
again and the correct output that would have come out from the select
count(*) came
out.