freetds - response capabilities

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Bruns <camber AT umcc.ais.org>
  • To: freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: response capabilities
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 19:46:35 -0500 (EST)

There is now support for all of the response capabilities (CS_CAP_RESPONSE
in ctlib) in the tds and ctlib layers.

Basically this means that ct_capability() is implemented (for
CS_CAP_RESPONSE type, CS_CAP_REQUEST should be along as soon as I figure
out what it does protocol-wise) for both setting and reading.

One thing that came out of this, is that the messages we saw in 5.0 are
actually extended error data (EED) messages, so TDS_MSG50_TOKEN has been
renamed to TDS_EED_TOKEN.

Now if I could just stop checking stuff in long enough to get the release
out :)

Brian

  • response capabilities, Brian Bruns, 01/20/1999