freetds - Re: pre-release Solaris again...

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Kevin <root AT zazu.nol.org>
  • To: TDS Development Group <freetds AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: pre-release Solaris again...
  • Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 19:33:07 +0000

Gregg Jensen wrote:

> FYI,
>
> I have compiled the latest version (yesterday's CVS latest) on both Solaris
> (Sparc) and
> Linux (Intel), and linked it with sqsh-1.4. I have run a few queries on
> each in order
> to compare the output. There were queries that went against MS Sql Svr and
> queries for
> Sybase. On Linux, the output (for this purpose) was correct. The same set
> of queries
> on Solaris, yielded different results. For some queries ( simple
> statements such as
> select count(*), selecting one column etc), the output was correct.
> Anything
> associated with sp_help or select * or even something that would generate
> an error. The
> output was either nonexistent or an internal error like:
> DB-LIBRARY error (severity 18):
> The token datastream length was not correct. This is an internal
> protocol error.
>
> would come up. It didn't matter which database, both produced errors. With
> the
> versions on each machine being identical, it looks like there is some
> additional work
> on the Solaris side. If I get any time today, I will try to look into it,
> but was
> wondering if there is anyone else that has the capability (machine
> availability) to
> look into this as well.
Well, I don't see why I can't do some testing and whatnot for ya...got
the machine to do it on at least, but I only have access to MSSQL....

-- Kevin
Kevin M. Lyons Phone: (402)-471-7870 Email: kevin AT nol.org
No matter what happens, somebody will find a way to take it way too
seriously - Dave Barry