fingerlakespermaculture - Gayogohó:nǫˀ Language and Culture Winter Session

  • From: Karryn O <karrynolson AT gmail.com>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Gayogohó:nǫˀ Language and Culture Winter Session
  • Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2021 13:05:08 -0500

Hi folks,
I thought this might be of interest to folks on thist list. It's already started, but still inquire if you are interested.
Thanks
Karryn

From: Friends of Gayogoho:no ͐ <friendsofgayogohono AT gmail.com>
Date: Sun, Nov 21, 2021 at 6:00 PM
Subject: Another amazing Gayogohó:nǫˀ language opportunity!

Gayogohó:nǫˀ Language and Culture Winter Session
Ithaca, NY
Wednesdays 6:30 - 7:30 pm
December 8, 2021 - February 23 2022
  • sliding scale $190-$325
  • video-only option $90-$225 (videos become available a few days after classes for a limited time)
(all class fees go directly to the teacher and language and culture revitalization efforts)
register by e-mailing friendsofgayogohono AT gmail.com

If you weren't aware, an Ithaca-based Gayogohó:nǫˀ (Cayuga) language and culture class has been meeting weekly on Wednesday nights since early June. It has been an amazing (i would go so far as to say life-altering) experience for those participating to learn more about the indigenous language and culture of this place from one of only nine remaining first-language speakers of Gayogohó:nǫˀ.

New students are being invited to join again at the beginning of our third 3-month session. No prior experience is required. We been meeting in-person. We held classes outdoors through late October but are currently meeting indoors, maintaining physical distancing, and all but the instructor wearing masks. If you're interested in learning more or signing up to join us, please contact friendsofgayogohono AT gmail.com

We'd ideally like to run the class with 15-20 participants, but might consider running a second class at a different time if there is enough interest.

Nya:wę́h

  • Gayogohó:nǫˀ Language and Culture Winter Session, Karryn O, 12/06/2021