fingerlakespermaculture - Can you help with creating outdoor learning space this weekend? Oct 2, 3

  • From: Karryn O <karrynolson AT gmail.com>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org, Aubryn A Sidle <aubrynallyn AT yahoo.com>
  • Subject: Can you help with creating outdoor learning space this weekend? Oct 2, 3
  • Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2020 12:55:37 -0400

Hi everyone!

The Ithaca grade schools have been scrambling to build outdoor learning spaces to reduce risk of covid exposure as kids transition back to in-person learning.

Beverly J Martin school in downtown Ithaca has made these requests for assistance, and I thought you might be interested in supporting this wonderful school. They need:
  • Help spreading 2 truckloads of mulch into our newly created outdoor learning space on Albany Street (Saturday 10-1pm).
  • Strong bodied people to move stumps! We have stumps being delivered on Friday that need to be moved and placed in the appropriate places. This could happen on Friday afternoon, Saturday or likely at any point throughout the weekend.
  • Handy-people who could help us rig tarps over outdoor classrooms. We think this will involve setting/digging poles and hanging tarps. (probably someone who is willing to be creative, I don’t think there is a roadmap for this).
If you can help with these, please email Aubryn at aubrynallyn AT yahoo.com

See you there!
Karryn

  • Can you help with creating outdoor learning space this weekend? Oct 2, 3, Karryn O, 09/30/2020