fingerlakespermaculture - Ecological Cultures by Design at Omega

  • From: Dave Jacke <davej AT edibleforestgardens.com>
  • To: Finger Lakes PC listserv <fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Ecological Cultures by Design at Omega
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 13:19:51 -0400

Announcing a workshop that I hope will knock your socks off!

Ecological Cultures by Design:

The Inner Landscape of Ecosystem Mimicry

Dave Jacke with special guests John and Nancy Todd

July 15-17, 2016, Omega Institute, Rhinebeck, NY

The belief in separation forms the core of our current crises—humans from nature, spirit from matter, mind from body—the false divisions are legion. Cultures of separation shred ecosystems even as they disintegrate our sense of self. Yet the seeds of solutions lie within the problem.  Given the timing and nature of the challenges, we must quickly create diverse, multifaceted paths forward.  Interconnected ecosystems can teach us how to create ecological human cultures, and through ecosystem mimicry we re-member ourselves as part of nature. But we must do this consciously, by design.

All humans design. The ability lives in each of us. It fuels our individual and collective creativity. Conscious ecological design also offers deep integrative power.  Profound lessons for both our individual selves and our collective lives lie inherent within the ecological design process.  This workshop will elucidate the frameworks for functional, effective and conscious ecological design, and give you experience with those frames and those processes: presentations and design exercises will seed improvements to our design understanding, effectiveness, and efficiency. More importantly, we will connect the inner landscape of ecological design to the big-scale tasks at hand, and we’ll delve into some of the fundamental truths the ecological design process offers about who we are as humans, what is the nature of reality, and how we might live more fully into our present and future selves while doing the practical work the world and the times demand of us.  Ecological design visionaries John Todd and Nancy Jack Todd join us Saturday afternoon.

Experienced and novice designers alike are welcome.

-------------
Dave Jacke
Dynamics Ecological Design
33 E. Taylor Hill Rd. • Montague, MA • 01351
603-831-1298 • davej AT edibleforestgardens.com

Visit www.edibleforestgardens.com for information on or to purchase my award-winning two-volume book, Edible Forest Gardens.

Mark Krawczyk and I are now writing a new book on Coppice Agroforestry!  Find out more at
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coppiceagroforestry/dave-and-mark-write-a-coppice-agroforestry-book and support our effort by sending a check to the address above—we will honor the same rewards listed on the kickstarter website for any donations sent now.

   “Teach this triple truth to all:
    a generous heart,
    kind speech,
    and a life of service and compassion
    are the things which renew humanity.”
         Buddha

  • Ecological Cultures by Design at Omega, Dave Jacke, 07/12/2016