fingerlakespermaculture - Permacorps: Organizing for Global Storming & Other Crises, Brooklyn NY, Nov. 10

  • From: "Michael G. Burns" <michael AT fingerlakespermaculture.org>
  • To: fingerlakespermaculture AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: upstatenypermaculture AT googlegroups.com
  • Subject: Permacorps: Organizing for Global Storming & Other Crises, Brooklyn NY, Nov. 10
  • Date: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 12:52:15 -0500

From: "Keith F. Morris" <keith AT prospectrock.org>

While permaculture has a long history of international aid, disaster relief, emergency planning, and long-term preparation- 'PermaCorps International' began organizing formally after the earthquakes in Haiti, and has been a loosely coalesced idea since.  I think its time to take some next steps towards this potential in our movement!

With the support of Claudia Joseph and the Old Stone House 'Permaculture Teach-In', Alice Lo and the Permaculture Institute of the NorthEast (P.I.N.E.), Andrew Faust, the Brooklyn Commons, and the Center for Bioregional Living PDC- there will be meetings in Brooklyn next Saturday, November 10, to offer our network's assistance and solidarity to the peoples of New York City, see how we may be of aid, and strategize for better future organization of Permaculture Disaster Relief, Re-visioning, and Preparation for increased Global Storming and Ongoing Crises.

More details will be announced soon, please join us or share with other friends in the NYC/ NJ/ CT Metro area.

In the meantime-  NYC and Sandy affected areas- please don't hesitate to let us know how we can help!  Thank you for keeping us updated and taking care of each other!

In Solidarity,
Keith

  • Permacorps: Organizing for Global Storming & Other Crises, Brooklyn NY, Nov. 10, Michael G. Burns, 11/05/2012